- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and in glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
New additions 3/18/15
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, pedophilia, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 9:5; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 5:1; I Cor. 6:9; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
- We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (genetically defined). (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:4-6; Rom. 7:2; I Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23) Accordingly, First Baptist Church and its pastors will not solemnize or officiate a civil union or same-sex marriage, and will not take any action in support of a civil union or same-sex marriage, such as (but not limited to) granting church membership to one or both parties to such a union. (Gen. 2:24; Heb. 13:4)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the church as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the church members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by the church in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to this statement on Human Sexuality and Marriage and conduct themselves accordingly. (1 Tim. 3:1-13)